Wednesday 23 November 2011

Is It Time to Change from 4-3-3

I've been watching Chelsea this season and I' starting to feel that maybe the 4-3-3 formation is just not right for us anymore. When we first introduced it under Jose Mourinho we had quick wingers like Robben and Duff and are midfield was solid and could control the game but now I dont really see any of those qualities.

At the moment we play Mata and Sturridge on the wings which I thought at first would be great but I dont think that this is eithers best or natural position and its not quite working. Mata to me is more of an attacking central midfielder just behind the striker and on the wing doesnt quite  have the pace to be a constant threat and Sturridge for me should be given the chance to play upfront cause to be honest  he looks the most lively of all are strikers.

I dunno maybe a change to 4-4-2 or maybe a 4-2-3-1 would be better suited to the players we have. Playing two up front would be what I prefer. We have Didier, Torres, Sturridge, Lukaku and Anelka I think that we need to start trying to get a partnership going upfront as the only point of having 3 in the middle is to try to dominate the middle of the park and we dont do that at all,so we might aswell just have 2 in there and try to get more goals. Man United are the perfect example. There central midlfield is nothing to shout out about. I dont think that I would take any of their players in the middle but the power of their strike force and good use of width gets them the results.

Lets talk, let me know what you think, am I just talkin kaka or I am I on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment