Wednesday 29 August 2012

Is Marko Marin really as good as everyone seems to think?

When I first heard about Marko Marin a few seasons ago he was dubbed the new 'German Messi' and was playing some great football alongside the like of Mesut Ozil in an attacking Werder Bremen team. Since then Marin has kinda disappeared off the radar,whereas Ozil has gone on to be one the major stars of world football at Real Madrid leaving Marin far behind. Previously seen as one on the 'best talents' in German football, he has seen that label given to more exciting players like Mario Goetze, Marco Reus, Andre Schurrle and Thomas Muller.

Hi-res-149190131_display_imageSo I ask what is it that people see in Marko Marin that makes him a great acquistion for Chelsea? I know that he is a good dribbler with a good eye for a killer pass, so initially that makes him sound like he is exactly what we need because that type of player is what Chelsea has been missing since Robben left. However from what I've seen of him myself he seems very predictable and extremely weak physical on the ball. I know that there is quality there for sure but I'm not sure whether he will be able to reach the potential that he should and become a major player for us at Chelsea. In my own opinion Victor Moses is a much better option then Marin as I feel he is more suitable to the premier league with his pace and strength to go along with his dribbling abilities.

People may have also forgotten than Marin wasn't one of Di Matteo's signings he was signed by the club before the Champions League final, which was before he got offered the role as permanent manager so may not be held in as high regard by Di Matteo himself. And for all you that disagree with me and then point to his glamorised YouTube videos and say that I am chatting nonsense look at the dates of the videos and when he was actually playing well. You will find NO videos from recent seasons like all the other top stars or starlets in football.

All that said I would love him to prove me wrong and help lead us to loads of success in the future, especially as he was such a cheap signing but at this moment in time I just don't see it.

What do you guys think? Leave a Comment Below.

LetsTalk KTBFF

No comments:

Post a Comment